Security & Policies
Guest Safety And Prohibited Items
The Petersen Events Center is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable experience for our guests. Our staff will proactively intervene to support an environment where guests can enjoy the sporting event or entertainment experience free from the following behaviors:
- Foul/abusive language or obscene gestures
- Intoxication or signs of alcohol consumption related impairments
- Displays of affection not appropriate in a public family setting
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Any guest action causing disruption of a game or an event
- Guests seated in a location other than their ticketed seat
In response to the need for heightened security procedures, the Petersen Events Center has implemented the following policies to ensure a safe, enjoyable event experience for all guests.
Entering Petersen Events Center
Upon entering the Petersen Events Center, guests will undergo appropriate security-based screening. These procedures help ensure all guests have a safe and enjoyable event experience.
- Only small personal bags (i.e. purses, baby or diaper, etc.) will be permitted inside the Petersen Events Center. These items will be searched upon entering.
- Bags larger than 12" x 6" x 12" are not permitted.
- iPads are permitted
In addition, the following items are not permitted inside the Petersen Events Center:
- Coolers, backpacks and sealed packages (including gifts for athletes and/or performers)
- Food or Beverage, with the exception of special medical needs
- Cans, bottles, glass or other similar containers
- Video, audio, professional cameras, recording device, tripods and bipods are strictly prohibited in the building.
- For Pitt Basketball, cameras with detachable lenses are not permitted. However, small personal still-cameras with permanently attached 3" or smaller are permitted
- For all other events, camera policies may vary. Please phone 412-648-3054 closer to the event date for the latest information.
- Air horns or noisemakers
- Weapons of any kind
- Spiked or studded jewelry and belts
- Selfie Sticks
- Pepper Spray or Mace
- Laser Pointers
- Go Pros
- Animals, except for those performing disabled service duty
- Electronic Cigarettes cannot be used inside the building
- Signs, banners, flags, posters or any other item that:
- obstructs the view
- deemed offensive
- pose a danger or a possible security risk
- No Flags larger than 3' x 2'
- No Poles/Sticks for flags or signs
Petersen Events Center management reserves the right to make the final determination on prohibited items. In the event that the prohibited items are revealed in a search, guests will be asked to dispose of the items or return them to their cars before re-entering the building.